• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces for Govt Agencies in San Antonio

SEAFIRE

Figured I would pass this along:

These are available for sale in San Antonio to Texas Fire Departments / Govt Agencies only:

The A2 with the winch is $3500 :confused:
The other two A2's are $300 each

The Tan A3 is $1275
The other Two A3's are $7000 and $8000

The pricing makes no sense... They have around 15 A2's and 6 A3's currently listed in San Antonio, the cheapest A2 was $200, the most expensive was $3500. The cheapest A3 was $1275, the highest was $8000, and some of those had all flat tires.

They also have four new/rebuilt complete LDT-465-1D engines in the shipping containers for $600 each,

The Fort Worth Yard also has a lot of trucks available.

What kind of A2 type tanker truck is the last picture? are they baffled?

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pricing is what the agency had to pay to get the truck moved to the site plus some admin costs. This is at the SA Akerman Rd yard, correct?

SEAFIRE

Pricing is what the agency had to pay to get the truck moved to the site plus some admin costs. This is at the SA Akerman Rd yard, correct?
Yes, Ackerman Road,
We just found out about this from our Emergency Management Coordinator and are supposed to set-up an appointment and drive up there.

We had been getting our deuces from the Texas Forest Service, Some of the local Vol Fire departments ( including ourselves ) would like to look into getting A3's, but for some reason the Texas Forest Service can't get them for us....

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "agency" is the Texas Building and Procurement Commission, any TX non-profit can draw from them. About twice a year the leftovers get auctioned to the public on GSA. This agency used to be called "State Surplus". Each state has an equivalent.

SEAFIRE

The "agency" is the Texas Building and Procurement Commission, any TX non-profit can draw from them. About twice a year the leftovers get auctioned to the public on GSA. This agency used to be called "State Surplus". Each state has an equivalent.
Thanks for the info, Why we didn't find out about this before now baffles me, I've bugged our Forest Service rep for a while now about buying trucks without having to go through GL, and he had no clue.

kfdk14

We have gotten alot of different trucks from our "surplus" to use until we don't need or want them anymore. From m880s to 1008s to a tanker even a gama goat. We currently have an 813,35a2 and a a3. Not sure how other states are doing it but our a3 was given to us and when it was ready to be put in service we got the title.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI All fire departments can get trucks from the Federal Excess Property Program if your state forestry dept is part of the system. These trucks are free from the Feds. On loan. My department has a 5 ton a 2 1/2 ton a tractor a 20 ton lowbed and 9 Generators 5k to 60 K oh yea and 2 5/4 tons this stuff was in great shape ready to roll when we got it. The duece was built in to forest fire unit as was the 5 ton tractor is used to pull lowbed (Looking for dozer) also have 8 600 gallon fuel pods that we use as water tanks on the trucks and 2 on trailers. Ask your state forest people about these trucks good luck

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will need to get new pics of duece was able to get a winch off another truck and added it also working on a few more just did up an A3 for my state Forest fire control too will post pic soon

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks I keep building more of these fire engine for departments around me and they work out great I wish I could keep them all stock but some changes to make them work as fire engines. Really really want a HEMMIT to convert into a fire truck

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My state fire district has one of these it has a split tank both compartments together hold 1000 gallons We cut the a hole to let the water flow from one to the other and added a quick dump in the rear compartment.( pump was gone when we got it) mounted a pump under the drivers side and use it as a water tender to supply the duece.I go back to work for the Fire district next week I will get a few pic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks