• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DHS Drash 25KW generator relay fault

Turner81

Good evening,
I have a DHS Systems drash shelter trailer and I am having a problem. I can normally figure these problems out but this one has me stumped.

The generator leads and breakers are producing voltage under 25volts. I went through all of the steps to test and field flash the generator.

When I put 12+ to the F+ and ground from the same battery to the F-, the K6 relay lights up and shuts the generator down. I can hook the wires up before starting and as soon at it starts K6 relay lights up and the machine shuts down. I have field flashed several generators of this type many times before and never had this problem.

I have now pulled the generator off of the engine and I have tested the diodes. The diodes test out fine.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
usually if it just needs a field flash, then you'll be down in the 2-5VAC range, at least that is my experience with other brands of generators.

I have little experience with the gen you are asking about, but my first places to check on any unit not producing electricity are voltage at all the voltage regulator connections, and checking to see if there are any shorts or opens in the windings of both the rotor and stator, or if anything is shorting to ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks