• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

did M809 series 5-tons make it to VN?

Adamlee

This is a quick one, probably - did any PIP 5-tons - M or XM 809's etc - make it to Vietnam prior to the end of the conflict?

I read something that didn't make sense- I always thought that only M39/G744 trucks were used then.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read something that didn't make sense
Been reading recent legislation in your free time are ya? ;)

The M809 series trucks, to my knowledge, never made it there. I have never seen a pic of one over there, and I have seen thousands of Vietnam vehicle pics. All the 5-tons in Vietnam I have seen were M-54 based cargoes and their relatives.

Gamagoat1

Been reading recent legislation in your free time are ya? ;)

The M809 series trucks, to my knowledge, never made it there. I have never seen a pic of one over there, and I have seen thousands of Vietnam vehicle pics. All the 5-tons in Vietnam I have seen were M-54 based cargoes and their relatives.
Anyone have a picture of a M543A2 in Navy colors???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks