• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different (to me) crank won't start problem

RayK

I've had the crank won't start problem on other deuces, all I did was clean and lube the shaft and it worked fine. This time, if I remove the two safety wired screws the shaft turns freely. As soon as I put the two screws back in, it doesn't want to turn. The TM's don't mention this problem and I didn't want to screw anything up by disassembling the control unit assembly.

If you've had this problem, how did you fix it?

Thanks - RayK

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
pull the shaft out and be sure the little pin piece is in position in the end of the shaft and that it goes into the fuel control block so that when the gov control pulls the rod back it lowers the block. with the shaft out you can feel in the hole with a small screw driver to feel the block move up or down.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That shaft wil float in and out of it's housing. You just need to work it more. I prefer ATF or Johnson's baby oil to free them up. Sometimes you'll need to pull that fuel control shaft out of the IP and take it apart for cleaning.

BE CAREFUL taking the nut off the shaft, I have had a 50/50 record with them snapping the shaft in two. Heat is your friend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks