• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disabling your deuce

jaymcb

With the recent rash of theft threads, if you were going to go on a vacation where you wouldn't be able to keep an eye on your MV, what would you do to it to make sure it remains in your possession?

Locking the 'chain' it comes with on the steering wheel, obviously.

I've seen suggestions of putting up a game camera, but that is for after the fact.

Removing the batteries sounds like a good start.......

Anything else which would confound a casual thief?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A hidden battery cut off switch would be the preferred method, look up "battery cut off".

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It doesn't matter what you do, if someone wants it, they will get it. All you can hope to do is slow them down. Locking the steering wheel and a hidden battery cut off are about as far as you should practicly go.

DeucesWild11

I got the Club on mine as it didn't come with the chain and lock. Got some locking door handles but don't think they'll do too much.

I kind of get a kick out of guys showing where their "secret" cut off switch is.. Sometimes I too forget that anyone can see these posts not just members here.. There could be someone on this site eyeballing your MV.. Sad to think so but... Just some food for thought..;-)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Block it in with other vehicles. But like Gimp said, if they want it, you may be able to slow them down, but nothing will stop them.

jaymcb

The a3's hopefully are a little harder with the auto.....

I tuck mine in where it takes 3 passes of back and forth to pull out, (trees).

it would be a difficulty to do that and not attract some attention, hopefully.....

my snooty nosy neighbors may actually be good for something after all!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Heck, you could always put an expansion plug in the intake, too keep them from starting it. Probably take less time than draining the filters.

Might as well remove the drive shafts too.

kurtkds

I lock the engine stop cable in the stop position.

I took a piece of 1/8" X 1" flat bar and bent it into a "U" shape then drilled 2 holes through in for a trailer tongue lock.

I painted it red so its visible from outside the vehicle.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
wire 220 to the bumper, the tires will isolate it till some one touches it and SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!just remember to unplug it before you touch it![thumbzup] dont laugh i did it to my trailer, someone kept steeling my led lights everytime i was on the road. Havent had a thing stolden since and the deer camera got a nice photo for the police.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks