• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you know the proper name of this style fitting???

CCATLETT1984

What are the proper terms for the fittings on the oil cooler lines?

I want to run a bypass filter on the inner fender, but I won't cut the hoses to add fittings in the middle. (Had a leak issue that new fittings made even worse) I just want to be able to adapt the gm fitting to a standard and then be able to make a hose to go from the filter to the cooler.

Attachments

fittings...

i'm curious as well...as to your bypass filter,do you have an oil sampling valve?
The valve on mine is tapped off a curious looking fitting that fits between the gm line and the oil cooler line...I took this off and drilled and tapped a second hole for a 1/8 inch NPT fitting.
I used this for pressure supply to the bypass filter...I wish i could tell you where to find this fitting,as it would make your install a lot easier,but i dom't even know what it's called. :?

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: fittings...

Flare fittings? Do they look like a brake line on the end going into the brass 90?. If not, maybe just regular 1/8 in. pipe thread. The other end looks like just a #4 or #5 aeroquip or stratoflex, swivel.

rmgill

I agree with Will. Take it off and take it to an Aeroquip dealer. They'll probably be able to make up a hose with the correct fittings on it. That's usually how I have my luck finding fittings. Go to home depot, check a parts store, check McMaster Carr.

In my last case, finding the correct hose fittings for the vent lines was brake parts fittings at an Auto Parts store.

CCATLETT1984

The sampler that's in the truck is starting to leak, I am going to remove it and then attach the hose from the engine to the feed side of the bypass filter and then run a new hose from the filter to the hard line on the radiator.

gah!!!

If i read your last post correctly you intend to run a bypass filter completely "inline"...in other words your wanting to use a partial flow filter as a "full flow"
If you hook up as you intend,with the bypass output to the oil cooler line in the rad',you'll end up greatly restricting oil flow...possibly enough to kill your engine.
Bypass filters are not full flow filters...they need to tap off a high pressure source,and output to a low pressure point,like a valve cover or the oil pan,and not restrict flow in the high pressure source.
Your set-up would work fine if you installed a remote full flow auxiliary filter in place of the bypass filter.I hope this is what you meant to say.never use a bypass filter in place of a full flow.even in emergencys...your engines won't be running long if you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks