• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge Frankenstein in Spokane

tommys2patrick

never heard of franken dodge. however, as an expression, franken anything, usually means it was built using several parts that are not normally all on the same vehicle. rarely it may mean, a truck that is so over the top square headed and freakish that it is a "franken" truck. a few 5 ton trucks with internal ROPS are called out this way. that is meant in the same humorous way someone loves there vehicle but still regards it as less than normal vehicle, a monster so to speak.

I am no expert on the old flat fender dodges but something seems odd about the spare tire and running boards. the shape of the cab???

to me it looks like an early 1950's civilian dodge powerwagon with a bit of militarizing

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was an ambulance that was hacked and a pickup bed added. No longer a collectible.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No longer a collectible.
Agreed. But still kinda cool (once you get over shedding a tear for the hacked collectable ambulance). I'd buy it and fix it up as is, just for a fun truck.
And for the rims, those are much sought after!

Cheers

dmetalmiki

"that is meant in the same humorous way someone loves there vehicle but still regards it as less than normal vehicle, a monster so to speak".

But a nice suitably 'ugly' (brutal?) looking truck nonetheless.

reminds me of....

Attachments

715m29

It kind of looks like a wc51 front clip and running boards, with a civilian cab. The box could be anything with fenders made from a colvert? Not sure that's my guess. Could be a good parts rig.
I'm looking for a decent engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks