• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have any experience with Alpha Tread Tires?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have good prices and had a good selection, but exposure to all that Tuscon sunshine can't be doing their tires any favors. They have a sea of tires as you can see:
Screenshot_20190409-194913_Maps.jpg

Has anyone bought tires there or otherwise done business with them?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was with a friend who bought tires from them. Only caution is that they patch sidewall holes and do not disclose that to the buyer. Some of the surplus tires they get come with a hole or two drilled through the sidewall, I am guessing to prevent reuse. My friend specified 90% or better tread. He did get that but two of the three tires had a sidewall patch. This was discovered only after driving from El Paso to Tucson to get them and after they had been paid for. Tough to say no at that point. Tires are still holding air. He bought them about 6 to 8 months ago.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That does not sound like a good experience. Holes in the sidewall is not a feature I would want in my tires...

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Came across this outfit on Ebay this time and look what the fine print says now:

20190802_173355.jpg

CNC2013

You are better off looking for the surplus outfits that specialize in obtaining tires and wheels straight from Gov't Surplus. I know of a couple but it really depends on your location in the U.S. to maximize your costs with shipping. Better deals, better knowledge and better inventory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks