• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does anyone know if the govt ran out of surplus trucks to sell

466Navastar

its been a while since Ive seen any pickup trucks or 5 ton and larger trucks for auction at the usual site - after so many months of so many for sale every week.....can anyone comment on the situation - is this a temporary thing or is uncle sam out of the used truck business ?

I see a new site which starts off at a set price that's more than where the old site ended - what gives ?

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do know GovPlanet is selling all the rolling stock now, right?

GovPlanet has been selling a bunch of trucks lately.

MtnSnow

Plenty of them still for sale. visit www.govplanet.com as GovLiquidation lost the rolling stock contract as is only selling what is left in their lots and all the non rolling stock items Uncle Sam is surplussing

466Navastar

yes - I know about Govt Planet - didn't know if they were taking over from Govt Liq or just another outlet......seems pricing starts a lot higher now and selection is a LOT less.

So- Am I to understand Govt Planet is completely taking over the trucks now?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes - I know about Govt Planet - didn't know if they were taking over from Govt Liq or just another outlet......seems pricing starts a lot higher now and selection is a LOT less.

So- Am I to understand Govt Planet is completely taking over the trucks now?
Correct. Trucks are Rolling Stock. GovPlanet has the Rolling stock contract. This also includes support equipment, trailers, and similar.

Government liquidations still has the non-rolling stock. That is the spare parts, tool boxes, and such.

466Navastar

thank you all for the information and clarification(s)

I saw the new site - was shocked at starting bids - or reserve what ever it is called ....much different from old site which seems to be the same company - different division

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks