• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone runs a super singles on your dually?

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im going with 35 inch tires but I was thinking of just going with super singles in the rear, I can get 35 tall and 14 wide ( I will run 10 inch in the front ) . anyone have pictures ? or what rims do ya have. Im tossing the issue of 2 ( per side) 10 wide , or 1- 14 inch wide . Im jut getting ideas and seeing what you think... I just sold my civ. 1984 silverado so some funds are going in the 1008 before the wife gets any more ideas:) LOL

Jeepadict

I haven't seen in a CUCV, but there's a few wildland fire truck manufacturers that make a "super Type-6" which is typically a 550/5500 4wd chassis where they employ a lift and super singles on a 19,500 GVW truck. Google has plenty of pics, may give you some ideas.

My only suggestion is to make sure the combined tire weight ratings exceed the individual axle weight ratings so you don't get yourself in trouble when loaded.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jeepadict

I haven't seen in a CUCV, but there's a few wildland fire truck manufacturers that make a "super Type-6" which is typically a 550/5500 4wd chassis where they employ a lift and super singles on a 19,500 GVW truck. Google has plenty of pics, may give you some ideas.

My only suggestion is to make sure the combined tire weight ratings exceed the individual axle weight ratings so you don't get yourself in trouble when loaded.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Skinny

I don't think any such thing exist for a class 3 and below truck. Those tires you speak of are more for offroad then to be a super single.

I bet if you looked at the number of ply's, load rating, tire pressure capability they wouldn't even be close to a pair or E rated duallies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks