• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this mean my EUC is approved?

Ressoldier

Ok so I got home today and have a letter from DLA saying I have been assessed to purchase/receive surplus DoD property etc... Then goes into the different export codes and at the end says Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Does this mean my EUC was approved? GL is still showing pending EUC.

FYI I submitted the EUC on Monday 22 August and the letter from DLA was dated 25 August. Pretty fast if the letter means I was approved already.

Ressoldier

Yes this is my first purchase.
No the invoice does not say PIF

I have read that once people got their letter from DLA that they were approved. So was wondering if maybe someone at GL just hadnt changed the status yet even though DLA had processed. That is why I asked the question. Trying to figure out where in the grand scheme of things this might be. I was hoping it meant processed and approved since I am travelling to Nellis next week for business and would like to combine the trip with pick-up.

Bighurt

Average time is about 9 working days. The letter is kinda like a thank-you card you just get it doesn't mean much.

Ressoldier

Should I keep hope that it may still get approved in time for me to make the combined trip? I know as a first timer they say it can take up to 60 days for EUC to clear. Just hoping it may be a positive sign.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need an EUC for every purchase?
One for every event. In other words, If you buy two or more EUC items in the same auction you only have to fill out one EUC for all of them. The next time you buy an item in another auction you'll have to fill out another EUC.

Ressoldier

Based on what i read from GL you need a new EUC for each auction event. So if you won multiple items in one auction event you would need only one. However if you have an item in two different auctions you would need an EUC for both. Supposedly it goes quicker each time. Hopefully a more experienced purchaser can confirm.

KsM715

Ok so I got home today and have a letter from DLA saying I have been assessed to purchase/receive surplus DoD property etc... Then goes into the different export codes and at the end says Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

FYI I submitted the EUC on Monday 22 August and the letter from DLA was dated 25 August. Pretty fast if the letter means I was approved already.

Generally, yes this means you are approved. It just means GL hasn't received their copy of the approval. Still a waitng game but you should see a change in status within a week. (thats not carved in stone mind you)

Dave08

Your invoice will be marked Paid in Full when the EUC is approved. Once you have your first EUC approved, you will have to submit the EUC paperwork each time except for the Drivers License as it will remain on file. Again, like everyone has stated, it is a waiting game and it is a different amount of time each time. I have purchased seven items that all required EUCs and each time it was a different length of time for approval with the longest time being 3 weeks for an M720 Dolly Set (Trailer). Good luck and be patient.
Dave08:p

Dave08

EuC Wait Time

Based on what i read from GL you need a new EUC for each auction event. So if you won multiple items in one auction event you would need only one. However if you have an item in two different auctions you would need an EUC for both. Supposedly it goes quicker each time. Hopefully a more experienced purchaser can confirm.
I do not know if it goes quicker each time. My longest wait was for the M720 Dolly Set and it was three weeks long. My shortest wait was for my two M109A3s which took 8 days from the time I submitted the forms. I have purchased seven items so far that required EUCs.
Dave08

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need an EUC for every purchase?
EUC's are required for ONLY those lots under certain Demil Codes.

For example:
Tactical Vehicles (Deuces, 5-Tons, etc): YES
A Crate of Underwear: NO
Aircraft Avionics Components: Depends, sometimes YES, sometimes NO
Ford Ranger PickUp: NO
and so on and so on.....

READ and STUDY the FINE PRINT on the GL website. It's ALL there.

Flyingvan911

In true government fashion they don't add the sentence, "Your EUC is approved." It would be too easy. Mine took over 5 months. You got off easy. Congradulations.

3dAngus

Whoa guys. Something is not right here.
You got a letter? or an email?

If an email, what was the subject? Did it say you needed EUC revisions?

Why else would it say "Thanks in advance for your cooperation"

If EUC revisions are needed, you need to act ASAP. YOU could lose your asset and be charged 25% if you don't act in 5 days, or somewhere along those lines.

If you are still confused, post the entire letter or email here and start over. You are not giving us all the right information for anyone to correctly access this one, but it is strange you get a letter three days after you submit. Not sure how that is possible. Email yes, but content is not clear the way you addressed it.

Please clarify!

OH, and NO! your EUC is not cleared. You online account would show a "Paid in Full" invoice under the invoice tab if you had cleared. These things have never cleared in three days time after submittal.

One week minimum.

Last edited:

Bighurt

EUC's are required for ONLY those lots under certain Demil Codes.

For example:
Tactical Vehicles (Deuces, 5-Tons, etc): YES
A Crate of Underwear: NO
Aircraft Avionics Components: Depends, sometimes YES, sometimes NO
Ford Ranger PickUp: NO
and so on and so on.....

READ and STUDY the FINE PRINT on the GL website. It's ALL there.
Gimpy's lot of 56000 condoms: Yes

Ressoldier

Whoa guys. Something is not right here.
You got a letter? or an email? Letter

If an email, what was the subject? Did it say you needed EUC revisions?No

Why else would it say "Thanks in advance for your cooperation"

If EUC revisions are needed, you need to act ASAP. YOU could lose your asset and be charged 25% if you don't act in 5 days, or somewhere along those lines. No revisions were needed (guess I am one of the few to get it right the first time) Then again I am used to Gov documents and forms.

If you are still confused, post the entire letter or email here and start over. You are not giving us all the right information for anyone to correctly access this one, but it is strange you get a letter three days after you submit. Not sure how that is possible. Email yes, but content is not clear the way you addressed it.

Please clarify!

OH, and NO! your EUC is not cleared. You online account would show a "Paid in Full" invoice under the invoice tab if you had cleared. These things have never cleared in three days time after submittal. I have read on here several places that GL sat on cleared EUC's in the past and took a few phone calls to get it posted to the invoice.

One week minimum.
See responses in blue and atached letter.

Attachments

BadMastard

Nope, not actually an approval letter, just the rules you have to follow when you get approved. I got one, then a day or so later it showed on GL as paid in full. If you have a EUC pending status now, the next status is Paid in Full. I'd guess you will see it shortly, but it is the waiting game. Until that magical PIF status shows up, there is nothing you can do to help. I'd make plan a and plan b for your nellis trip. The guys down there are great, if you call them as soon as you get your approval, they will schedule a time for you. I think they are Tues-Thursday, but that should be listed on your auction data for that site. Hope that answers your questions!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks