• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doing what it's designed to do

6x6guy

Just a update to a previous project that started some time ago - reinstalled the
Jane Crane from one truck to another - modified the support cables from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch and added about 2 feet to the A frame itself to gain some additional working height - and after pushing the envelope -
and determined that additional weight to the front axle springs were getting overloaded and too much down pressure would damage the axle springs and steering linkage another solution had to be found.
I was looking for a solution that would be
easy to install and yet flexible, durable and
not a lot of money.
First I was looking at installing hydraulic ram cylinders with lines, vales and using the existing hydraulic winch system - but after a mock up of equipment decided not to go that route.
So after some thought and going through my inventory of goodies decided simple bumper mounts would do.
Modified to fix and support on the winches extention brackets.
So as without the support brackets a movement of 6 inchs or more were noted on the front axle springs, and with the placement of the frame/bumper support mount going from a no load to a loaded senerio movement was around 2 inches.
Now knowing that my truck will not distroy
Itself trying to appease me.

Attachments

6x6guy

It wasn't a issue until my son and I were lifting a couple of generators Meps 15k and 30ks until it was getting into the 60ks there was more of a noticeable weight increase with added negative results.
The weight of the 60k generators are around 5000 lbs so give or take a couple of pounds, and with the modified improvements have increased the lifting capacity even more so.
So lifting the bigger loads are no longer a problem for the trucks designed and tested applications for heavy lifting and knowing what ever I have to accomplish I don't have to rent a crane anymore.

6x6guy

It wasn't a issue until my son and I were lifting a couple of generators Meps 15k and 30ks until it was getting into the 60ks there was more of a noticeable weight increase with added negative results.
The weight of the 60k generators are around 5000 lbs so give or take a couple of pounds, and with the modified improvements have increased the lifting capacity even more so.
So lifting the bigger loads are no longer a problem for the trucks designed and tested applications for heavy lifting and knowing what ever I have to accomplish I don't have to rent a crane anymore.
IMG_20190331_100503.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks