• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door reassembly

JCKnife

I've read the procedure in the TM 3 times now (9-2320-209-34-2-2) and nowhere does it mention the window seal that fits inside the top of the door, with the little clips that pop into the holes in the door. Does this seal go in BEFORE or AFTER the window glass is installed?

Also, anyone have a source for the brass rivets that hold the front channel in place? (I can get a bag of 100 but I don't need 100!)

Thanks.

Woodsplinter

The strip does go in first. I used aluminum pop rivets on the front of the door but had to grind them down as they stuck up a little too high.

JCKnife

I went ahead and ordered the 100 pack of brass rivets, they are perfect. I will share them around after I install mine.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seal at top of door, it goes in before the window then you have to push like (*(*(^^% to get the window in. But it will go.
When you roll the window up the seal will move right.

Dipstick

I'd like to see this post continue. My windows roll up and down kind of hard and I know my seals need replacing. Always good to gain knowledge from members that have been there and done that. I've only had my Deuce for about eight months. I have a lot to learn.

JCKnife

Again re the window seals: do they go in flange-up like this or flange down? Again they are not even mentioned in the TM.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371927847.122031.jpg

NEVERMIND--found the answer in a different TM
TM 9-2320-361-20
11-5. CAB DOOR Glass AND WEATHERSEAL REPLACEMENT

Flange goes UP as pictured.

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

Dipstick, I replaced all the seals/ weatherstripping in my deuces cab and found that the window seals on the top edge of the door don't really help much.

My windows were tough to roll up and down so I removed the regulators, cleaned and greased them and reinstalled them. Now you can roll them up with two fingers.

Not hard to do, I just followed the TM and took my time.

Scarecrow1

I had to pull the door panels and lube the components just to be able move the darn things. The guys at the motor pool have a line of rivets on the door just to hold the passengers door window in. I don't like to bad mouth our guys but, I have to buy a new door or rip out everything ,repair the damage and do a proper install because they half a$$ed the job. Your post has answered a couple of good questions I needed to know so thanks

JCKnife

Flange up..... While you are in there, you may want to check the front and rear channels. I had to replace mine.
I'm replacing everything, took both doors down to shells. Actually both doors are off the winch truck I parted out a year and a half ago.

JCKnife

How do you get the brackets off that push the window up & down? thanks
You mean the little clips? It's tough to see which way they are rotated but either feel around with your hand or use a mirror. Once you know which way they are facing it's easy to pop them off with a screwdriver or really just finger pressure in the right direction.

olly69

In the manual TM9-2320-361-20 page 11-6 thru 7, it doesn't mention any clips except for on the bottom flange. Are these the clips you are talking about? Or are they further up on the track? How do you get your arms up inside the doors#@!

olly69

I'd like to see this post continue. My windows roll up and down kind of hard and I know my seals need replacing. Always good to gain knowledge from members that have been there and done that. I've only had my Deuce for about eight months. I have a lot to learn.
I hear ya! I've had mine 2 months, and its just getting warm enough to work on her. I went out to move it and I thought I had a hydrostatic-lock (the ones I have just read about on this forum) and it scared me. But then I figured out I had left the parking lights switch on & drained the batteries, so I got to learn how to charge a 24 V system! She started on the first push of the button after they were charged! Now back to working on replacing a broken door window..... wish there were some pictures other than the TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks