• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duda sock filters

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone here use these? I bought some 4x16" ones (10,1, and 0.5 micron) and the disk they fit on and I'm trying to figure out the best way to use them. For simplicity sake, I'm just plan on using gravity to provide pressure. I'll have a reservoir at the top made from a 4" PVC pipe, that will feed into about 24' of black iron pipe with heat tape on it to heat the WMO up. From there it will drop down to the sock filters. This is the part I'm not sure on. I'm thinking of just having a 2'x6" PVC pipe with a reducer at the bottom as sort of a funnel going to a barrel. I would like to be able to pressurize the system, but I don't have an idea how use the filters in an enclosed system. The WMO will start out from a drum of oil strained to 100 microns and settled for a month. I then plan to run it through the 10 micron sock, athough if I can figure out how to pressurize the system, I'll also run it through a 5 micron filter with a water block into a drum. I'd then run it through the system again but through the 1 and 0.5 micron socks stacked. I'd like to see any other options before I commit on this, comments?

Cruceno

I made a similar setup using the 4" sock filters from Duda. I used a drum that was elevated as a settling tank, drained off the residual water, then sent a controlled flow of oil through a filter sock stack going from 100-0.5 microns. I put them into a 4" piece of PVC with a reducer down to 2" to fit into the drum. I just adjusted the flow of oil going into the filter sock so that they weren't overflowing and allowed gravity to do the work for me. It took me about a day to filter 30-40 gallons. Seems like forever, but it was cheap and easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks