• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW water pump info needed.

Needle

Having a problem with the engine water pump on the DUKW. Engine is a GMC 270 straight 6. Water pump is leaking. I need to either replace with new, or get the old one rebuilt. Anyone have any leads on any of the following:

1. Actual part number, and/or equivalents. ( I can't find my SNL G-501 anywhere, and I dont fully trust the numbers on the old one!)
2. Name of a good place to do a rebuild, or
3. Where to get a new/rebuilt replacement.

Note: The water pump on the 270 GMC used in the DUKW is not the same as the water pump on the 270 GMC used in the other CCKW trucks. It has a longer shaft, and the pulley is held in place by a combination of woodruff key and a threaded bolt. The shaft is longer because the distant between front of engine and radiator is greater than on CCKW to allow for engine driven compressor for tire inflation system.

Below are pictures of leaking water pump. Number on old pump appears to be L-114155

Any assistance greatly appreciated.:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUKW Water Pump

Hello,
The part number for the DUKW water pump is SZ-A-114154. There is a local shop here in Portland, Or. that rebuilds old water pumps.
Steve:cool:

Needle

Hello,
The part number for the DUKW water pump is SZ-A-114154. There is a local shop here in Portland, Or. that rebuilds old water pumps.
Steve:cool:
Thanks Steve. Strange how my pump is 1 digit differant from the specified pump:shock:. I might pull the pump off an old seized engine I have, clean the rust off it and see what number is on that one. May end up using that as a core for an "in house" rebuild while I send the other one out for a "professional" rebuild. As for the rebuild place in Portland, is it any of the following: Flying Dutchman, Automotive Friction or The Filling Station. (I haven't used any of them in the past, although I had heard good things in the past about Tony Coenradi (Flying Dutchman).

Again, many thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Needle

Here is a place that rebuilds water and fuel pumps. I have used them a few times with great results.

Fuel Pump Rebuilding Kits - Then And Now Automotive

Thanks for the info Warthog. I have to admit that I have used "Then and Now" before, for carb kits and a carb rebuild, and always had great service and support......just never realized that they also did water pump rebuilds as well. I will add them to my list for quotes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks