• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dupont or Nason OD paint code?

Merddin

I am about to paint my pink 1008 back to OD. Does anyone know a Dupont paint code that would match the OD from the factory? I am trying to find the paint code so we don't have to color match it. I have already painted the inside of my new driver door with Rapco 383 green carc substitute. If I can't find a paint code I will just color match that. Thank you.15302159863295154284399210172911.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

When these were new I worked at a GM dealer. We did repairs to damaged trucks and we used PPG Ditzler paints. I know they were perfect matches at the time. Most repairs we made were minor from carrier claims and lot damage. I remember 1 M1009 had the 4 wheels and tires stolen from it on our lot. And every M1010 the Gap brought us had electrical issues. We never knew how to fix the M1010 and the paint was something different then we ever seen before on a factory truck. The interior color looked like an error was done. No match at all. But now 30+ years later here we are. I have actually painted a wrecked Ducks Unlimited front end and used the codes from that and they were a perfect match to the CUCV's DU actually "StarCraft" used CUCV GM parts like the front bumper and brush guard on their build. I use Alkyd enamel and it matches well. Great results and not as fussy as CARC and better then latex.

Merddin

My cousin runs the body shop my grandfather started. He said if I could get a paint code he could match it. He will be using urethane paint which supposedly doesn't fade. We will be using Dupont or Nason paint. I will be painting grille, bumpers, mirrors and brushgaurds flat black. They are off the truck right now. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks