• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Durhamtown Plantation - Summer E-mail Update

Makincold

Just got an e-mail from Durhamtown Plantation talking about new trails
thought I'd pass it along to all the Ga Rally crowd...

"It has been HOT here at Durhamtown but riders are still coming to ride... from all over North America. We have added some new Jeep trails across the river and UTVs have been enjoying them as well. I took a group of bikers over there this past weekend and we had a blast with no ruts!"

And!

JEEP PARK
We now have 3 sections of land with trails for all levels of riding! We just added approximately 15 miles of stock type trails for cruising in the fall when the leaves begin to turn and it gets cooler, most trails are along the river and creek bottoms and shaded.

And!

NEW OBSTACLE JEEP PARK under construction!! Lindo and Wayne are hauling rock and boulders almost every day. We have cleared an area above the DAY PARKING LOT for this fun zone. It is a soil with lots of rocks and pebbles that will hold up to a lot of traffic with minimal mud and is also a great spectator area for all to enjoy the action. We will be bringing in a lot of cement pipes, large tires, poles, etc to use as well.

If we only had an official 2011 Ga rally thread to talk about this... :twisted:

mckeeranger

I've been getting their emails as well. I've been thinking of getting with some off-roaders from here and taking a trip.

If we only had an official 2011 Ga rally thread to talk about this... :twisted:
Yeah, but if Clinto started it too early, it would be so massive people couldn't find anything in it.

He keeps all the really important stuff in the first post, but all the convoy and who's bringing what information gets buried in conversation.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Every year we have seen new offroading areas at D-town, so I am looking forward to seeing what areas open up for us and where the rally trailmasters take us.

D-town has been very good to us, opening up areas to us that are either typically off limits or allowing us access to them at non standard times.

Last year was very dry; I am going to direct the trailmasters to find us some muddier areas this year, as I know there is a lot of interest in that kind of experience.

I have held off on putting up the thread for exactly the reasons mckee mentioned. Last year's thread was 60 pages long. I hate to think of a new member who finds us a week before the rally and has to read 60 pages in one thread to make sure he is getting everything.

PLUS, the inevitable swap/convoy/food/lodging threads.

Very soon (as soon as the website is finished being updated) I am going to put up the thread but I am going to lock it so no one can post and I will unlock it maybe 30 days out.

Any questions about the rally can be pm'd to me.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, there wasn't any mud last year ;)
You should have been there in 2008. Ask the '08 veterans about the deuce drifting through the banked curve.

Makincold

You should have been there in 2008. Ask the '08 veterans about the deuce drifting through the banked curve.
I always liked this video from the 08 rally, in fact it's one of the reasons I bought an M818!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1k6mFP7ooM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]
:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks