• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Elusive M-1078 Fuse Panel Help

Phoenix77

I am waiting to pick up my M-1078 and the inspection notes "some fuses and relays missing" 🤔

That is super helpful, and while I am waiting to be able to claim my truck, I want to wrap my head around what items are inoperable due to missing fuses.

I have attached the picture from the auction; if someone could help me identify what is missing / inoperable and also what I need to make them operable (I know traditional blade fuses can be used in some instances), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

LMTV Fuse Panel.jpg

coachgeo

..... if someone could help me identify what is missing / inoperable and also what I need to make them operable (I know traditional blade fuses can be used in some instances), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Much power in ones finger tips than can imagine :) 5 minutes on keyboard in favorite search engine leads you too

Phoenix77

Much power in ones finger tips than can imagine :) 5 minutes on keyboard in favorite search engine leads you too

Awesome; thanks.

Not gonna lie; you caught me being slack. I had done a few searches, but work picked up pace and I thought I'd rely on the graces of others.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And don’t forget there are multiple flavors of relays that uncle loves to play musical chairs with in the sockets. Don’t assume the right part numbers are plugged in to the right spot.

coachgeo

Awesome; thanks.

Not gonna lie; you caught me being slack. I had done a few searches, but work picked up pace and I thought I'd rely on the graces of others.
Hope it helps.

hard to tell at times who is in situation such as yourself and who is wanting to be spoon feed out of laziness. IMHO when writing help finding "information" post..... state the reality one is in ("Im being lazy", "am at wits end... searched ad nauseam and can't find answer", "can't search till later but, if someone knows off top of their head.... help would be appreciated"). Advantage to adding such in ones post... helps educate/encourage the more "lazy ... spoon feed me types" to attempt to do something for themselves at least.

Ronmar

Pay heed to what NDT said. Some use 12v coils, some use 24v coils. Some positions use 5 pin relays and some use 4 pin, but both will fit in ANY location... a 4pin in one of the 5pin locations will cause you issues.(no crank, no run, alt wont come online, low beams wont work ect). If you are needing to get any new relays, only buy 5 pin relays In the appropriate coil voltage, as 5 pin relays will plug into any position

Why they even specced 4 pin relays is beyond stupid...

standard blade automotive fuses will go in any circuit breaker position. I saved one of each size circuit breaker as they are handy in troubleshooting intermittent shorts...

Phoenix77

Pay heed to what NDT said. Some use 12v coils, some use 24v coils. Some positions use 5 pin relays and some use 4 pin, but both will fit in ANY location... a 4pin in one of the 5pin locations will cause you issues.(no crank, no run, alt wont come online, low beams wont work ect). If you are needing to get any new relays, only buy 5 pin relays In the appropriate coil voltage, as 5 pin relays will plug into any position

Why they even specced 4 pin relays is beyond stupid...

standard blade automotive fuses will go in any circuit breaker position. I saved one of each size circuit breaker as they are handy in troubleshooting intermittent shorts...
Excellent advice; much appreciated!

I was looking on Amazon to buy both 4 & 5 pins in 12v & 24v. This advice saves me the needless expense. I will buy a handful of 5-pin relays in both voltages to take with me when I go to recover my 1078.

Thanks!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The inside of the metal cover for the fuse panel should have a diagram of all the locations, and the manuals detail each slot (though in a couple of different places that have to be read together to develop a complete picture).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks