• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Error when sending personal message

jodka

Hi,

I tried to send a personal message and received this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pn_bbencode() in /hsphere/local/home/steelsol/steelsoldiers.com/modules/Messages/replypmsg.php on line 103

G

magnus have you seen an email I sent you about not being able to log in? My username is 98hd and when I log it in shows me as on the site, but it says I'm an anonymous user. Tried resetting password, but no luck.

jodka

Any chance you tried it again?
I did try a second time immediately after the first attempt failed, and now, a few hours later, a third time. Same error every time.

I was sending a message to rdixiemiller to order the TM CD. I went the members list, looked up rdixiemiller, clicked on the button there to send a personal message, composed the message, clicked the button to send the message, and got that error.

I noticed that Boatcarpenter posted what sounds like the same problem here:
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...6&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

He mentions a solution to the problem so I pmed him to ask what that was. So I can pm Boatcarpenter but not rdixiemiller. I have also, previously, successfully pmed m35a2cowner. So generally, seems that I can pm people and the problem is only with sending a pm to rdixiemiller.

[/quote]

Boatcarpenter

I have PM'd RDM successfully. I can not PM off the member list if I get the page where the whole top of the page is filled with smileys. Have to get the other PM form.

jodka

update:

Boatcarpenter both messaged me and posted here to let me know that sending a personal message by clicking the pm icon in the "whos online" box worked, but that looking up a user and sending personal message by clicking the pm link on the users page did not.

I tried the pm icon for rdixiemiller on the "whos online" box. It worked!

So it looks like we have isolated down the problem to the "send private message rdixiemiller" link on this page:
http://steelsoldiers.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=rdixiemiller

Sending a message via that link fails for everyone, not only me?

mangus580

The PM system that is linked under the Member List on the left, does not function. I have no way of turning it off that I have found yet. Let me look into it some.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks