• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether Starting Fluid Canister

D Foster

Hello, I found that my Ether Canister was empty and purchased a new Ether can through Napa Auto Parts. Does anyone know if the threads are different than the military stock number as I am having trouble screwing it down. Thanks for your help. Dennis

D Foster

Ether Canister

They make canisters with a couple different threads , you need to compare to the old canister .
I know exactly what you are saying but unfortunately it was trash day and I threw the old canister away. I had no idea there would be different threads? I assumed it was going to be same threads and just screw on. Live and Learn! Thanks, Dennis

D Foster

D Foster

UPDATE/FINISHED! I found out the Napa Either Cylinder (#33118) does have the correct threads to fit the M1078. Even though my old empty cylinder screwed off easily the threaded base was not lined up well. I had to actually loosen the lower mounting bracket to allow the base to line up with my new Napa cylinder and it screwed right on. Problem solved and hope this may help the next guy. Thanks for all the replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks