• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan blade - replaced

INFChief

Today I replaced my fan blade because it was cracked. Picked up a good take-off from Wheelspinner a couple of months ago.

I followed the TM - to a point. To remove the upper shroud we’re supposed to remove both of the air charger lines and the upper radiator hose. I did not remove the radiator hose - I loosened all 4 clamps and carefully rotated it out of the way enough to slide the top shroud past. I didn’t really want to dump / waste good coolant nor did I feel like straining it out & putting it right back in (I’m never inclined to reuse coolant anyway. For those of you who do, I’m OK with that. Not trying to slight anyones way of doing things).

The shroud must be removed from the drivers side. The passengers side upper shroud bolt can be a little tough to get at but persistence won.

Next is an engine oil & filter change and check the hubs for proper oil condition & level.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks