• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fastener Help

fosgittr

Does anybody know a way to find out specs of a fastener? Grade, thread, length, etc? If I search the NSN or Part # it doesn't tell me anything. I am looking for these: B18231B10035 or NSN 5305-01-368-7450. They are the five bolts that connect the flywheel to the crankshaft on a MEP 802A. Thanks in advance!

Zed254

fosgittr

A search of Crankshaft in ARMY TM 9-2815-252-24P (P44/89) will lead you to part number 272-00039 - BOLT,MACHINE 5 - M8 X 1.25 X 20. That TM did not contain B18231B10035
Thanks, but those are not the correct ones. Those are the bolts for the main bearing housing. I am looking for the bolts that connect the flywheel to the crankshaft, which are identified as Item 39, Fig 24 in ARMY TM9-6115-641-24P. Nowhere can I find the size specs. Fortunately, I think I have figured out they are an ANSI 10.9 Spec, M10 X 1.25 X ?? probably about 30mm length. I just need to confirm this.

Guyfang

Staff member
Pure luck. I went to my ten thousand year old lap top, and looked back in the files. It was a big buy here, not just these bolts. A friend of mine working for an un-named LARGE company was in charge of Tier Two Reset here in Germany. He spoke no German, so gave me a call. My boss said "No way. Not in our contract." So we worked it out at home. All, or most all of my emails from my ITT time, are still on the lap top. My wife has been on me to toss the darn thing. Maybe need to hide it in the garage.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Pure luck. I went to my ten thousand year old lap top, and looked back in the files. It was a big buy here, not just these bolts. A friend of mine working for an un-named LARGE company was in charge of Tier Two Reset here in Germany. He spoke no German, so gave me a call. My boss said "No way. Not in our contract." So we worked it out at home. All, or most all of my emails from my ITT time, are still on the lap top. My wife has been on me to toss the darn thing. Maybe need to hide it in the garage.
Please copy all that data to CD or DVD or USB Cruzer another puter or something to save it, Please

Guyfang

Staff member
Just a week or two ago, I did just that with all the data on my home computer for gen sets. Its been copied and put in the good hands of a few folks who will take care of it. Should anything happen to me, its still going to be used. Most of what I have on the lap top is what is on my home computer, just not up to date. I guess we have some time on our hands now, to look at the rest, and toss out what is really trash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks