• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FAV

INFChief

Heavily armed but no armorView attachment 872739
I like the concept and versatile platform. I just don’t think it’s as scaled down as it could be. Too much personal gear and extraneous crap. These aren’t like a vehicle designed to carry enough supplies for for extended missions. These are “get in & get out” vehicles. I’d rather see them smaller but used in larger numbers. One less crewman per vehicle means you can add 1 more vehicle with the same total # of crew. A smaller vehicle profile / signature means better concealment, much more agility, and increased speed and travel distance.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the concept and versatile platform. I just don’t think it’s as scaled down as it could be. Too much personal gear and extraneous crap. These aren’t like a vehicle designed to carry enough supplies for for extended missions. These are “get in & get out” vehicles. I’d rather see them smaller but used in larger numbers. One less crewman per vehicle means you can add 1 more vehicle with the same total # of crew. A smaller vehicle profile / signature means better concealment, much more agility, and increased speed and travel distance.
Check out this video, looks like they can hide them pretty well and with a range extendable to 600mi they are intended to be able to go deep and stay awhile.
Although in the video it is obvious they are only loaded for a short joy ride, not exactly the same vehicle but close.
In Desert Storm they were used to shadow and report on troop/armor movements and laser targeting of armor and installations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks