• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field voltage requirements

squidvet1

I am trying to make a 28v/60a generator Leece-Neville model 3002ae into a human-powered system to drive dc motor but have not been able to locate voltage requirements in field to properly produce armature voltage. When I tested with 7.8 volts to the field and estimated 1500 rpm I registered large voltage spikes (over 50v) and generator felt tight. The tm only shows test procedures but does not list the information I am looking for. Any suggestions or direction will be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks