• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Got a HMMWV for decent price.

Bigfan

Seems it's an 1989 with 6,5 L 4 door m998. Feel
Like I got a steal. Will know more when it gets cleared For Pickup and delivery. Inspection was decent with only seatbelt and some paint needing immediate care. Already ordered both. Plan on putting high back seats.

How do you post pics?

Attachments

Last edited:

orgnal

Seems it's an 1989 with 6,5 L 4 door m998. Feel
Like I got a steal. Will know more when it gets cleared For Pickup and delivery. Inspection was decent with only seatbelt and some paint needing immediate care. Already ordered both. Plan on putting high back seats.

How do you post pics?
Congratulations!

McReddy

Bigfan

looks good!!! Looking forward to the humvee. Anything I need to look out for when I first get it? plan on changing the oil, probably all the hoses under the hood, etc. I am in texas.

BRob18E

Hub Seals, be careful not to drive it more than moving it on a trailer or what not without checking your oil level. The seals leak, people drive these home sometimes and destroy their hubs. They are very inexpensive, just the wrench time. seals need the machine to run to lubricate them and lots of these have been sitting doormat in a motor pool for some time. Congrates on the purchase.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness!

That is a nice one as few have all the doors and canvas complete.

I would recommend flushing the coolant also. Even though mine looked like it had tlc, the radiator and heater were full of crud.

Walmart sells the kaboom no drip foam for mold & mildew ( this ones works better than the other kaboom they sell). It will work awesome on your doors and top. Best part , spray on and walk away! No elbow grease and no fuss. Those doors and tops will clean up nicely. My hood was also stained up and it came out great.

Bigfan

thanks for the tip, was wondering what the easiest way to clean it up would be.

Welcome to the madness!

That is a nice one as few have all the doors and canvas complete.

I would recommend flushing the coolant also. Even though mine looked like it had tlc, the radiator and heater were full of crud.

Walmart sells the kaboom no drip foam for mold & mildew ( this ones works better than the other kaboom they sell). It will work awesome on your doors and top. Best part , spray on and walk away! No elbow grease and no fuss. Those doors and tops will clean up nicely. My hood was also stained up and it came out great.

Bigfan

Hubs........how do you go about lubricating them? is there a grease knuckle on them? Don't plan on driving til I give it a thorough inspection and change oil and filter.

Its in Alabama so will be having it trailered to me in Texas. Since its '89 model think i might try and get antique plates for it.

suzukovich

Mine came from the same place Saraland Alabama.
Definitely trailer it. When you get it home
Get a copy of the Lube Order and TMs
change all the fluids, don't use synthetic oils.
put in a bottle of sea foam or other high grade fuel system cleaner.
Throughly inspect the front end especially the pitman arm and idler arm.
Check for leaks around the difference and hubs.
Check the rotors and brake pads to include the emergency brake.

Mine had very few issues listed. Oil leak turned out to be a few lose bolts on the transmission pan. Pitman arm was bad but not listed. My truck needed few things to be road worthy. Mine also had been rebuilt by DS Main which was the primary reason I had bid on it. Other then installing military led headlights, Bush gaurd it was ready to go.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bigfan

probably a stupid question but how do you know if "Mine also had been rebuilt by DS Main"?

Mine came from the same place Saraland Alabama.
Definitely trailer it. When you get it home
Get a copy of the Lube Order and TMs
change all the fluids, don't use synthetic oils.
put in a bottle of sea foam or other high grade fuel system cleaner.
Throughly inspect the front end especially the pitman arm and idler arm.
Check for leaks around the difference and hubs.
Check the rotors and brake pads to include the emergency brake.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks