• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FINALLY landed my MEP-003a!!!

max bowtie

After a year of searching I finally was able win the bid on a MEP-003a and M116a2 trailer!!! :clinto: Can't wait to pick it up and bring it back to life! Georgia here I come!

FloridaAKM

I had a line on a great looking 803 & it just disappeared with the wind. Keep looking is the best advice I can give.

Good luck restoring power & function to your MEP-003a.

Crabbie

Congrats, I just got an MEP-802A, the engine runs great but no power unless you hold the start switch on. I enjoy puzzles and want to learn more about electricity, diodes, relays, etc. These gensets fit the bill on both accounts in that they are many times an electrical puzzle. The cool thing is that when we get stuck, there are many SS members with experience that are willing to help out.

cuad4u

I am also "new" with 002A and 003A generators. I bought my first one in late 2013. Since then I have bought 8 more. Like most everybody who is not familiar with them, I came on this board and asked all kinds of silly questions. Everybody was very patient with me and over time I learned a lot. When you get a basic understanding of how these generators function, they really are not very complicated and are usually quite easily (I did not say inexpensively!) put into good operating condition. Good luck with yours.

max bowtie

cuad4u, it sounds like you got the bug bad! Haha bought 9 in the last year! I've learned a lot already on this site. Lots of knowledge and great people on here! Thanks for the luck, I'm excited to pick her up!

cuad4u

I bought the first 003A in the fall of 2013 for a back up generator for my house. I spent some 100 hours getting it in as good as condition as a new one. I also learned a lot about how it works and how to repair it. I ran it for 92 hours non-stop during the big ice storm in January 2014. Other than the engine noise, I never knew the commercial power was out. I was so impressed that I bought more mainly off Craig's List. I "restored" each one as if I were going to keep it. Several have been sold and I still have several for sale. I would restore some more if I could find them.

rustystud

I would like to buy some more myself, but LBLM (Joint Base Lewis McCord) will no longer be selling generators or vehicles anymore. :( All this type of equipment will be sent to California or Oklahoma . I was just there Tuesday (22nd) and had a good talk with the manager of GL . He said there unsure if they will even keep the auction site there open. I'm really bumbed right now !!!

cuad4u

Could I ask what you got it for seems to be a large range in prices lately
Is this question for me? I am not trying to sell my generators on this site by answering your question. I have no trouble selling them locally. I have paid as little as $175.00 for a fair condition 002A on CL that was missing quite a few parts and as much as $1200 for a 003A. I go completely through each generator and get EVERYTHING working "as new" and load tested to at least 130% of rated capacity. I am not trying to sell refurbished 002A and 003A generators on this site, but if your question was directed to me I get $1500 for a "rebuilt" 002A and $2500 for a 003A. I hope I did not over-step the rules of this site by answering your question.

max bowtie

I would like to buy some more myself, but LBLM (Joint Base Lewis McCord) will no longer be selling generators or vehicles anymore. :( All this type of equipment will be sent to California or Oklahoma . I was just there Tuesday (22nd) and had a good talk with the manager of GL . He said there unsure if they will even keep the auction site there open. I'm really bumbed right now !!!
Rusty, Yeah I was reading some threads about them putting a stop to the selling of the MEP's that's why I jumped on this one! Sad sad day...

STLvortac

I'm new here but glad to see I'm not the only one who has the random gen set bug. I Personally only have a need for nothing bigger than say a MEP-531 at the moment but I've been eying everything from WWII era 10kw PE-95's to 802, 803's on GL lately. Hopefully they are not pulled from GL, as of just now my watch items are still there.

FloridaAKM

I am still looking for a good 803 that has eluded me this year. When the time is right, the money & recovery will be ready. Sometimes, the waiting is the best/worst part.

rustystud

All I can say is you guys on the East Coast are real lucky ! Out here in the Pacific Northwest we never see the MEP-802 or MEP-803 generators at all ! Now we never will !

max bowtie

Picked her up! Went over it yesterday and started going to work. Pulled the fuel tank and cleaned it out. She had 1/4 tank of fuel in it and it was a mess. Now to order some filters...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks