• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CORONA CANCELLED !! Findlay Ohio, Armed Forces Day show, MVPA convention COMBO

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
CORONA CANCELED!

MVPA CONVENTION CANCELLED
President’s Message:
As every one knows the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is upon us worldwide. Your Board of Directors recently met to discuss how this virus is impacting our upcoming 2020 International Convention, slated for May 14-17 in Findlay, Ohio. Ohio’s Governor, along with many other Federal and State Leaders and Nations, have taken precautionary measures of cancelling events and gatherings over certain numbers to minimize the growth and spreading of this potentially fatal virus.
As you know many of our members are over the age of 50 and are susceptible to contracting this virus which can be easily spread in a Convention setting from either direct or indirect contact of an infected individual(s).
The Board therefore unanimously decided to cancel this year’s Findlay Convention in keeping with local and Federal Governments directions, in the hopes of preventing further spreading of COVID-19. This decision by the MVPA Board parallels a decision by our partners for this convention, the Findlay Military Association, to cancel the 2020 Findlay Show. These were not decisions taken lightly, but after consultation with medical professionals and in view of increasing government restrictions and the uncertainty about when this virus will pass, cancellation was deemed the only viable alternative.
If you reserved tours, meals or registered vehicles for judging, please contact MVPA HQ and let us know if you prefer those funds be transferred to a tax-deductible donation to the MVPA Archives, or if you would like them to be refunded.
For those that reserved vendor or camping spots, Information will be forthcoming from Findlay Military Association about the path forward. However this is a rapidly developing situation, and we ask for your patience so that a smooth process can be developed
As your President, I wish to personally thank both John Cheney II our Event Director, along with the Findlay Military Association and the Ohio Motor Pool who spent countless hours preparing for this major event. It is a reminder to me of the level of commitment and dedication to our hobby and the MVPA that our membership and affiliates have.
In closing, I wish everyone and their families’ good health and encourage them to take appropriate safety precautions in regards to this virus. We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2021 International Convention in South Bend, Indiana, August 11-15, 2021.
Below is a message from MVPA member Dean Kellogg, MD, Ph.D and Nancy Kellogg, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center, concerning the Coronavirus, and how it can specifically impact you through the Historic Military Vehicle hobby.
Tom Clark
President MVPA​
Image may contain: possible text that says 'MVPA'

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Come on up and see us! Tell her your going to take her on a helicopter ride, they have a Vietnam combat vet flying a huey for like 125 per person. It is well worth the money! Then you can hang out and visit the rest of the show.

77 AMG

Come on up and see us! Tell her your going to take her on a helicopter ride, they have a Vietnam combat vet flying a huey for like 125 per person. It is well worth the money! Then you can hang out and visit the rest of the show.
Well, the biggest problem with that is that she got to go for about a 2 hr flight in an H-46D Sea Knight the last time that I re-upped. They brought her out to the boat as a surprise for ME! I think that she may have sworn off helicopters after that leaky ride... she was a C-9 groundcrew type for a while, herself.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am attending the Findlay show/mvpa convention this year as a vendor. Will be bringing my dad and brother. Looking forward to the show.
Andrew

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Most of us SS folks set up in the open sided AG building.
the convention map has it as "O"
View attachment Scan_20200108.jpg
BTW Andy you going to Lawrence this year?
the google sat map has it here but there are several new buildings not shown

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of us SS folks set up in the open sided AG building.
the convention map has it as "O"
View attachment Scan_20200108.jpg
BTW Andy you going to Lawrence this year?
the google sat map has it here but there are several new buildings not shown
I tried to get an open shelter spot but they said everything was taken. Im hoping it doesnt rain that week. But they said stuff may open up after March 1st.

Still planning on going to lawrence to walk around.

85CUCVtom

I'm hoping to get my Blazer back on the road and drive it this year. I haven't done much on it in the last year but it needs a little PM and we'll be back on the road. as usual, I'll be wandering around with my cameras.

Ajax MD

I have a complete set of fiberglass troop seats for a DROP SIDE 5-ton in excellent condition.

I would like to trade for a set of NON drop-side troop seats. I have someone willing to transport the troop seats who will attend this show.
The uprights for the drop-side troop seats are in a different location, so they don't match up on my truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i Cannot be there this year. The doctors have given my wife no more than 2 months to live. She is now under the care of hospice. I sent my 100.00 in and doc said he wanted to rent my spaces. If he does not follow through the spaces are paid for and can be used as seen fit.
Kipman:
Our prayers are your wife and you as well.
If there is anything we (SS Members) can do for y'all please drop me a PM or feel free to call me @ 325-234-2500 ANYTIME.
You are not alone in this journey.
John
SS Chaplain

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I checked with John Chaney hoping just the rally would be held like in previous years or if it could be postponed to later. Only open week end was December 18-19 so no! See you all on the other side!

The State of Ohio’s Department of Health has requested the Hancock County Fairgrounds to cancel all activities through the end of April and this will probably be extended to sometime in the early summer. We determined that it was better to close now rather than dragging it out so everyone would have time to make cancellations and alternative plans.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang Cold warrior that was very appropriate and funny
I know the virus situation is real and very serious. Yet, in the face of adversity the human specimen often resorts to humor. I am VERY human.

That line from NATIONAL LAMPOON's VACATION has, for me, always been a classic that I often quote. I love that "the moose out front shoulda told ya"..... it's kinda like a "GOTCHYA".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks