• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firewood for the 2011 Ga rally: Check

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
That bad storm that came through a couple weeks ago, blew down alot of trees at our boat club campground, this weekend we had clean up duty cause we were the only ones with trucks big enough:grin:. Now just need to let the logs dry out and then cut them down to bon fire size:beer:. First pic is the tree that was leaning over our camper.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
"Holy Bonfire Batman"!!!!
Darn good thing that tree didn't fall on over on the camper MD.:-D

So...CAMO won't need to bring a dump truck load of fire wood from here then??:beer:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
"Holy Bonfire Batman"!!!!
Darn good thing that tree didn't fall on over on the camper MD.:-D

So...CAMO won't need to bring a dump truck load of fire wood from here then??:beer:
We didn't see it for ourselves, but we were told that tree was hanging on by splinters.

Most of what we will bring will be 8" or larger by 4' or so.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Papabear, you won't have to bring the dumptruck load of firewood, just swing by MDs AO and get a load from there! LOL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a woodsman any more but I've always had great experience with the Stihl brand. A nice 18" farmboss looks like it would fit in well with the size wood you have.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When and where is this rally?? if i can get the time off i would like to join in.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/61277-2011-ga-rally-definite-dates.html

There are several posts within that thread that discuss the 2011 event and several posts that have links to the 2010 picture and video thread.

We would love to meet you, it's a fun rally. I enjoy it a lot. Good food, camping, offroading, etc.

Where else can you play in the woods with dozens of other MV's?

:D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Numbers check!!!:-D Dozens

Let's see...2 dozen would be 24 MVs, 3 dozen...36 Mvs etc....

the GA Rally had 6 dozen + Mvs...75 I think:drool:

Are there that many at Haspin??....Just askin:beer:

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well after looking at the dates of the rally, i wont be able to make it this year. hopfuly next year, it sound like a great time.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks