• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First car show of the year!! (Peoples Choice Award)

RJTM998

Great show and always fun to take home a 🏆.

Attachments

springer1981

Nice truck. Congrats on the win! In one of the pictures I noticed a little damage on the RH cowl. My truck had the same part damaged and it was pretty easy to replace. Here is a link to how I did it. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2345715

There was a guy that had them pretty reasonable on ePay for about $70 but I can't find it right now. There are other ones available too.

RJTM998

Really nice to see one of the older HMMWVs represented and looking great. I find that you mostly see the newer stuff (M1123, M1165, etc.). I am not bashing the newer trucks as I have an M1165A1.
Thanks, I agree!! Sadly many of the older M998s have been turned into bubba builds with bed liner paint, different wheels, different seats, H1 "clones" etc. I love the newer HMMWV's but just something about an original OEM M998 that is just classic cool to me. Mine is a 1988 and I kinda wish it was one of the 1985 first ones that went into service. I feel from a collectibility standpoint an early OEM M998 will do well in the future and be sought after.

Autonomy_Lost

Thanks, I agree!! Sadly many of the older M998s have been turned into bubba builds with bed liner paint, different wheels, different seats, H1 "clones" etc. I love the newer HMMWV's but just something about an original OEM M998 that is just classic cool to me. Mine is a 1988 and I kinda wish it was one of the 1985 first ones that went into service. I feel from a collectibility standpoint an early OEM M998 will do well in the future and be sought after.
For sure. Its like a classic corvette vs a new one. Theres a market for both!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks