• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

first cucv

jeffro589

picked up an 84 m1008 today and so far i absolutely love it gotta clean and grease the windows and replace lights in the dash only one works i payed a little more than i would have liked. overall i am happy so far will post pics in the morning

OL AG '89

CONGRATS!!!!
Download the TM's and do a FULL PMCS....
you will learn a LOT about the truck that will prevent issues down the road

Get it running and cruise down LAKESHORE drive and SHOW IT OFF!!!!
Out to NAVY PIER and down WHACKER drive!!!!!

jeffro589

i found it at a place called motorsource inc in highland park IL they were pretty knowledgable and deal quite a bit in these vehicles i got the last m1008 they had 3 more 1009s and Jeff who is the guy i dealt with told me he had 11 more coming in over the next few weeks but only 1008 in the bunch he said he has a harder time finding the trucks

and old ag they would looooove me downtown with that lol i could just imagine the dirty looks i would get right now thats ok sometimes pissing people off is fun

Bulldog 4

The trucks are a bit more scarce than the blazers I think but I need the truck worse because I already have an S-250 shelter to go on the back of it. It's going to be my ham radio shack on wheels.

jeffro589

by the time i made it home it was a little to dark i should be able to get some tommorrow and ill have some up tommorrow night and i had to have the truck i like the k5s but im always hauling stuff in the bed

jeffro589

yup thats the one the most important thing i was looking for was a strong drivetrain and a truck with minimal rust. I live inchicago where they salt the roads like crazy in the winter so usually by the time a truck gets this old its got a serious case of cancer but my 1008 has a log book in it and it looks like it spent most of its time in tennessee

jeffro589

yea it was bad when i got there they had 3 k5s my truck and a deuce sitting outside not sure if the deuce was for sale or not but he was honest and he told me that since they started dealing with these trucks they have bought and sold over 200 of them

Also at work today i get to put my 285/75/16 bfgoodrich all terrains off my old truck on the new truck!!!!!!!!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dealers

Yup. the dealers have now gotten wind of the trucks and have been driving the price up. Hard to find a nice truck on GL under 3K.

BTW...nice score. You will NOT be able to buy these anymore on the retail market for $3950.00 for long. That truck was bought well. Good job.

David

Last edited:

Bulldog 4

Shoot I tried to buy any one of the three they have on the auction at Ft. Gordon right now and they are over $4K and today is the first day yet. Myself, I don't see them being worth that much to a dealer who has to mark it up and sell it. You can get newer 4wd pickups for less on the civilian market and just paint 'em camo. I am considering doing that with my wife's '95 Jeep Cherokee 4wd. Wonder what the chances are of her approving that?fat lady sings

jeffro589

Actually he doesn't go through government liquidatin he gets them from some other government agency for commercial accounts or something like that he told me he had a bad experience wit the liquidation auctions

JUNKYARDJOHN

Yup. the dealers have now gotten wind of the trucks and have been driving the price up. Hard to find a nice truck on GL under 3K.
BTW...nice score. You will NOT be able to buy these anymore on the retail market for $3950.00 for long. That truck was bought well. Good job.
David
I've been watching couple of old m816 5 ton 6x6 wreckers up at wright-pat. They went way over this poor old hillbillys budget in a hurry. I want one in the worst way... don't have a single use for it.... but I want one Bad... (THINK I'VE CAUGHT THIS GREEN-GOTTA HAVE IT DISEASE??) John

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks