• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First fab job (bolt on light mount)

Mac53

I made this lightbar to fit on my Pinz. Totally bolt on using the mounting spots on the windshield (whatever they are for...). Just used some angle iron, flat stock, square tube and a little bit of paint. I replaced the original windshield bolts with slightly longer stainless steel bolts + star washers so they wouldn't jiggle out. The underside of the bar has some tiny bits of square cut to help hold the wires up inside of it. Its drilled ever 3" for lots of mounting possibilities.

Thoughts? I'm always open to suggestions.
(the lights on it now are just for show until I get some LEDs)

Attachments

Mac53

I'm actually going to keep the lights that size and smaller (ok, maybe at some point I'll throw a pair of 7"ers in the middle or something....when I decide i can afford some PIAA or something...) with concern for trees. We have a lot of them here...and they love to smack at anything they can...... It will have some 4" LED lights pointing at 45degree angles off the corners, some 2x2" led euro pods in the center, then maybe a few more of whats currently on it.

....Hopefully the amount will make up for the size? fat lady sings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks