• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fisher Plow Pump Help

m38inmaine

My brother took a fisher plow set up off his 880 a few years ago. I am now fitting it to my 880 before the impending Maine snow hits. Having problems trying to figure out how this plow pump bracket fits to the engine. I have power steering as seen in the last picture, this is the same power steering that came from the plow truck. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

iownit

I found this article looking for Fisher plow related information. May help in diagnosing your problem. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

I run a '73 Dodge W100 with Fisher belt-drive. It's a bulletproof system, I was just talking to a Fisher rep. yesterday who said that the only reason Fisher went electric is because in the late nineties the engine compartments on new trucks were no longer affording any room for the pump. That's not the first time I've heard that from a Fisher rep.

It is slower at idle, never found it to be much of an issue, it moves quick enough. Get RPMs abover 1200 or so and it's wicked fast.

Fisher factory pump is about the size of a coffee can, turned on its side. On the 318 it mounts right above the alternator and uses a special pulley on the crank. I had to track down the pump bracket from a junkyard, was able to thanks to having the Fisher part number. I'll try and take a picture of the setup.

I like not having the electric hassles. Despite its simplicity and ruggedness, you still need to do careful annual maintenance on the belt-drive setup if you expect reliability.

m38inmaine

Thanks for the info. This pump mounts over the power steering pump so I may be missing another bracket. I think I may just fab one unless I find a picture of a factory set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks