• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixed stalling after start up problem

dmilkman589

maybe i can find a pic if anyone is interested but my m1009 would start. run for 5 seconds, stall out. and crank forever too get back going. so began searching for air/fuel leaks. found it. when your remove the fuel filter. there is a filter base. there is a circle thing on the filter base. called a restriction switch. work that out with a screw driver and replace rubber oring. no more leaky filter base. and still have a fuel heater unlike the ones who just do a spin on mod.

but does anyone know what the restriction switch does on that filter base. its a 3 wire switch i believe. i have no idea what it could do. im just curious.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a sensor used with the ICE/STE system.

idM1028

I wonder how much that heater actually heats the fuel?
The Haynes manual for the 6.2 and 6.5 engines covers testing the heater. Believe you pull it out and spray freon or air in a can on it. Between that and the glow plugs, I can't complain. Part of the reason I haven't done the spin-on mod yet. That and my filter base works fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks