• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flaky parking brake

Ajax MD

On to the next problem-

From my inspection under the truck, the parking brake is nothing more than a very long rod with a short section of cable at the end at the rear of the vehicle.

Doesn't seem like there's a lot to go wrong, yet I experience times where the parking brake binds badly, usually after driving when the rod gets bounced around. I can hear the rod whack the underside of the truck when I pull the handle up, if the rod has shifted to the binding position . Laying under the truck, I was unable to replicate the problem while laying on the ground, but I know it'll happen again. When not bound up, the parking brake works properly and can hold the truck against the engine in FWD and RVS.

Is there something missing that supports the rod in its proper position? Anyone else experience something like this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks