• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat tire woes

Punisher666

So I got home tonight from the last demo derby of the season to find my Deuce leaning to the left. Upon closer inspection I found that my left front tire is going flat. I'm running 395/85 Michelin XML's and for some reason its losing air. I jacked the truck up and checked the tread and sidewalls and found nothing out of the ordinary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this point because I cant figure out a reason for it to go flat unless its a faulty tube.

AceHigh

Best to find it before you break it down IMO. I fill it with air and "borrow" one of my wife's spray bottles. 1 teaspoon detergent, rest water and start at the valve core, next tire beads then tread. It is coming out somewhere.

Once you find it mark it so you know where to work.

straight windex will also work. check the schrader valve first it might just be loose. they loosen up on my tractor trailer all the time.in a pinch or if i'm lazy i put some spit right on the end of the valve stem to check it.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, I would go with the schrader valve, Yesterday I needed to brake down some 9X20 to put some 11X20 XL's on and used the stem cap off my spare to pull the schrader valves out of the wheels I was doing. Spent a few hours went back to put the cap back on and found my spare had gone flat. The cap had been the only thing keeping air in the tire could get the schrader to seat so replaced it.

Punisher666

I just got done replacing the valve core and inflated it to 50psi so we shall see if it holds but their was no air leaks at the stem so I should be good to go. Update to come later on or in the AM.

Punisher666

Shes still leaking about 5lbs a day with the new valve core so will be breaking down the tire to find the pinhole in the tube as soon as the weather breaks.

Punisher666

Even with the slime it is still leaking, but on the upside she passed inspection with flying colors. Now the fun begins, anyone want to help break down a 395 anytime soon?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks