• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fmtv 1088 axle loclers

crane guy

I am looking for information about installing axle lockers in two of my 1088. I live and work in the mountains of Colorado, both trucks are set up with large Knuckle booms and can crane just about any thing anywhere. I have a A1 and a A0. Both trucks serve me very well. As you can imagine there is plenty of mud and snow where I live. For the most part the trucks get around pretty well but I am quite surprised how easily they get stuck or stopped. Chaining just one axle does nothing it almost make getting traction worse. chaining all axles or at a minimum both rear axles seems to be the way to get to the difficult locations. It would be great not having to chain so much. I think if I had selectable locker in the rear axles that would be the way to go.

Has any one out there done any of these axle modifications and where can you get the parts?

Thanks Chip

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking for information about installing axle lockers in two of my 1088. I live and work in the mountains of Colorado, both trucks are set up with large Knuckle booms and can crane just about any thing anywhere. I have a A1 and a A0. Both trucks serve me very well. As you can imagine there is plenty of mud and snow where I live. For the most part the trucks get around pretty well but I am quite surprised how easily they get stuck or stopped. Chaining just one axle does nothing it almost make getting traction worse. chaining all axles or at a minimum both rear axles seems to be the way to get to the difficult locations. It would be great not having to chain so much. I think if I had selectable locker in the rear axles that would be the way to go.

Has any one out there done any of these axle modifications and where can you get the parts?

Thanks Chip
There is a tread on the lockers already.

Second question is what type of tires are you running? The goodyear MVTs don't do that well offroad if you are using those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks