• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sandcobra164

Actually, from my experience, quite a few of them do. They are controlled by the CTIS controller or the Allison shift pad. In a regular FMTV, pressing the Mode button does more than turn on a little red light. It locks the transfer from front to rear. Selecting Cross Country locks the rear axle or axles and selecting Mud Sand Snow locks up the front axle as well. Selecting the lower tire pressures also restricts how fast you can go before the lights start flashing indicating overspeed. If you maintain the higher speed for more than a minute or two, it will automatically switch to the next higher unlocked setting. I've verified that they control the axles by showing operators how to get unstuck without the need for me to use my M1089 to winch them out. Not personally owned trucks as the newest M series truck I own is an M1028 but I dress in ACU's on occasion and I'm a recovery vehicle operator when I do don that outfit.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will call my buddy Brent in engineering at Eaton and get a PN # for this. I am starting a new FMTV axle build front and rear steer with sheet metal housing this week. A pair of narrowed ones can be used for a pickup truck.

Attachments

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, i got a hold of my buddy on the inside of eaton. The locker PN# 225-S-92. It was discontuied 12 years ago. There maybe some around on somebody's shelf.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks