• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Replacement Door Handle Upgrade

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not trying to poke any hornets nest (Steve).
But who gives a crap about failure rate is over time.
I just want my doors to open.
If I am out in the middle of nowhere and it's 20 below I wouldn't care if the dang handle were made from pink to to's so long as they opened.

Givinup

If I am out in the middle of nowhere and it's 20 below I wouldn't care if the dang handle were made from pink to to's so long as they opened.
For me the failure rate over time is important to know. My latches work great right now, but I imagine they will break someday.

40% failure rate over 5 years is far different than 40% failure rate over 30 years.

With the unknown of time, I can't prioritize the latch over another system. Everything fails eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You care then, by your own explanation, because the failure rate over time lets you understand if you can replace your door handles with OEM models and "get in your cab at 20 below" for the foreseeable future, or if it's worth looking at a modified/improved door handle lever or system in order to thoroughly eliminate the problem.

Agreed!!! prefer not to have pink If I can help it, I could always paint them black :)

Seth

Gents-

As this is a thread looking for input on an upgraded door handle kit, should I assume we have one vote for pink handles?? :smile:

We'll be posting the kits for sale today (with black handles for now)

Thank you for all of your input - much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! THANK YOU to the five people that purchased the first day we posted them for sale! PLEASE give us feedback on the kit and instructions provided and please share your thoughts with the rest of the folks plagued with bad door handles, no keys and expensive replacements.

Thanks for your support!!

To everyone that ordered our from our online store, please accept our sincerest apologies for delayed shipment! We had an issue with a vendor that shipped us a box of door clips that were incorrect. We didn't realize the problem until we opened the box, after orders were placed and accepted. Each of you will be receiving 10% of of your next purchase. Thank you again for your support and your patience! We're sure you'll be VERY happy with the purchase.
Happy Holidays!!

Thanks everyone for your support...we sold quite a few ...would certainly appreciate any feedback from buyers (for our possible improvement and for the group at large).

Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks