• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Shock Absorbers

dronsen

Has anyone sourced aftermarket front and rear shock absorbers for L/MTV's? Would you please post manufacturer and PN's?

Thank you

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Rancho makes some longer offroad shocks. If I remember correctly the Lmtv Shock is around 36 inches extended and compresses a decent amount. The prices weren't bad I was going to measure the mount holes and see how large the rancho holes were. Never got around to it I just swapped shocks off parts trucks. But if I needed shocks that's where I would start looking.

Ronmar

Chatted with Rancho, none of their products are appropriate for our weight, the rep loved the LMTV though:)

The only ones I have found so far in our weight class and of the appropriate size are made by Monroe. Dont have the number now, just use their spec search engine on their website With our shock length and weight class.

Grigsby trucking in OR specced out some custom ones for our rigs made by Fox. Not an unreasonable price either IMO.

charlesrg

Chatted with Rancho, none of their products are appropriate for our weight, the rep loved the LMTV though:)

The only ones I have found so far in our weight class and of the appropriate size are made by Monroe. Dont have the number now, just use their spec search engine on their website With our shock length and weight class.

Grigsby trucking in OR specced out some custom ones for our rigs made by Fox. Not an unreasonable price either IMO.
If you have a chance to share the Monroe part number, it will be nice so this thread can be finally closed. I searched in their but afraid of sharing the wrong number, it will be nice to get a part number from someone that actually used them.

coachgeo

If you have a chance to share the Monroe part number, it will be nice so this thread can be finally closed. I searched in their but afraid of sharing the wrong number, it will be nice to get a part number from someone that actually used them.
this is the military Monroe information for Mrap that some used when they were available

Direct Action Shock Absorber
Military MRAP RG-31
BAE Systems Land Systems
Made by Monroe
Shock Compressed is 20.5 inches long
Bolt holes 11/16" for 5/8" bolts

Part # R0046965
R0046965-0301
CO5OD1

NSN # 2510-01-540-6552
2510-01-548-1178

ramdough

this is the military Monroe information for Mrap that some used when they were available

Direct Action Shock Absorber
Military MRAP RG-31
BAE Systems Land Systems
Made by Monroe
Shock Compressed is 20.5 inches long
Bolt holes 11/16" for 5/8" bolts

Part # R0046965
R0046965-0301
CO5OD1

NSN # 2510-01-540-6552
2510-01-548-1178
Can I go to Monroe and order that part number or is that military only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlesrg

FYI:
I've placed an order on Fox shocks March 15, 2021 and I still have not received the shocks.
At this stage I'm ready to cancel my order and go with Monroe or anything that is available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks