• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Stencil Font

jpinst

There are several other threads out there with this topic, but none seem to nail down the answer definitively.

I am looking of the correct font (family name) for modern military vehicles such as the FMTV and HMMWv. I have a new stencil cutting machine and am itching to use it.

Please help.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
standard block stencil. You order a stencil kit, it shows up, paint the trucks... absolutely nothing special about it.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have noticed the fonts vary. The fonts on my trucks are slightly different from truck to truck. As long as you are doing them all it won't matter much if you don't have to match existing letters.

I made my own stencils and actually customized some of the letters and numbers to be the way I wanted. Stencil cutters are pretty neat. The font you want for the computer is phantom stencil.

Good luck.

KsM715

When I was in (USAF) we used what ever we had on hand. If someone was particularly proud of their vehicle or maybe it was up for a special inspection they would run to an office store and buy some "fancy" stencils. In other words, there is no hardline regulation that specifies what font to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks