• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Folding Bumper Step Measurements?

jdr2710

When I built mine I used the width of the tailgate steps and the height of the bumper. I kept the hinge point a bit above the bottom of the bumper so that when deployed the step hits the bumper and doesn't swing underneath. I used angle iron welded on so that the angle forms a V when deployed and an inverted V when stored. This worked better than I expected as it doesn't trap gunk when stored, and is quite grippy and doesn't flex when in use.

I don't have a pic of just the steps, but you can see them in this one.

Attachments

Motorcar

Here you go young man, top to bottom on your photo; width= 12-1/2", height= 11", bracket= 2". You might be able to see in the photo the steel isn't just flat stock, it has been pressed to a curve in the flat areas to give additional strength. I got my NIB from Memphis Equipment for about $45 I think, they had used take offs for cheaper than that.

Last edited:

baxter

As motorcar stated about Memphis I also got mine from them it is a used one for $20 plus shipping and I am very happy with it.

'48Chevy6

I picked up a used one for $25. For me, it made more sense to spend the money and get something that works as opposed to spending several hours building one that doesn't work half as good. As motorcar said, it is not just bent flat stock with holes drilled in it. There are slight creases in the steal. If you want pictures or additional measurements, just let me know.

Zach

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks