• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ford CUCV

mike634

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spotted several of these Ford trucks on base over the weekend. They do not have black out lights. The tie downs are on the frame as well as the bumpers. Looks like they run on diesel and JP8. They have an AM/FM radio and AC.

ford2_LI.jpgford1.jpgford3.jpgford4.jpg

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did y'all notice the registration number starts with 16, as in 2016 year model Ford. Interesting the USAF has kept that numbering scheme basically since the beginning of the Air Force.

Gunner USN

Did y'all notice the registration number starts with 16, as in 2016 year model Ford. Interesting the USAF has kept that numbering scheme basically since the beginning of the Air Force.
But they left off the part "For Offical Use Only"!

Is there any photos of bumper markings driver side front and the markings on the rear?

Which base was this at?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That base must have lost their copy of the USAF markings manual TO-36-1-3. After Jan 1992, USAF vehicles are only supposed to have license plates and no door markings.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a well done clone?

Was on Tinker AFB yesterday and normal USAF fords and chevys. Not one like this

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That base must have lost their copy of the USAF markings manual TO-36-1-3. After Jan 1992, USAF vehicles are only supposed to have license plates and no door markings.
If this is the case, then they're missing the front license plate.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It defiantly is not a clone. I seen at least 12 of them in a couple areas that POVs are not allowed.
Very Interesting
Would like to see the contract for those.

Really wish they would have used Chevrolet/GMC.
I hate ford trucks.

Skinny

Curious to see the specs on the Ford CUCV. I wonder if they have full emission systems and a 24v NATO setup along with the lowest gear package. Personally all of the newer diesels suck to work on so at least this one has a solid front axle unlike the plastic suspension used in the Chevy counterpart.

DieselBob

A few weeks back I was passing by No Such Agency and notice several new super duties in desert tan with solid steel wheels and a flotation type tire. No markings visible but they had the definite CUCV grill guard and tie down points. The Federales take a dim view if you try taking pictures. I guess they must be very camera shy. :?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course they want this whole Ford thing secret.
What good would it do if the enemy found out that the Fords they were given were supplied to give them problems and grief?

Another Ahab

If they really wanted the enemy to get confused, they should put a service manual for an '86 CUCV in the glove box.
Then those poor saps would think "Hey, this thing looks easy to fix and keep in running order."
The FLU farm, as we speak, your suggestion is likely already under serious discussion by the Big Brass:

abc.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks