• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found M-4 Sherman chassis ? ! ?

Tom @ Snake River

I know an old chap that has 2 M-4 Sherman chassis, with a good possibility that they might even run. He bought them surplus after the war. Demilled without the turrets. Would it be worth while to buy the chassis. What could you do with them ?? I did see a guy build a mock turret on a smaller tank ? Now the problem is, is that he has to die before that stuff will ever see the light of day. Tom

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would think if you had a running Sherman chassis that a fake turret would be feasible. Obviously the interior wouldn't look correct, but you could probably get close on the exterior.

Dieselsmoke

The CF&I steel mill in Pueblo, CO, used to be one of the foundrys that made Sherman turrets. Rumor has it that there are a coupl turrets buried there that were "blems". Just a rumor I heard, couldn't prove it if I had to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks