• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame numbers

Bigbondo007

Been a mechanic a long time and never seen this before. Pretty sure it may be a gov ID but was wondering if it's something else. Bad spot to put it for legibility but oh well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

That was painted on the frame by the contractor that supplied the frames to GM assembly in Flint. I toured the Flint plant back in the early 80's. Huge facility at that time. But now the Fort Wayne truck plant makes that old plant look like a stone age assembly plant. But that was on most of the frames. Now trucks have a VIN attached to almost every part. You need the VIN to get all the correct parts because there are so many variations. Nice frame by the way. Most of them have the chassis black paint worn and rusted off at this point.

Bigbondo007

That was painted on the frame by the contractor that supplied the frames to GM assembly in Flint. I toured the Flint plant back in the early 80's. Huge facility at that time. But now the Fort Wayne truck plant makes that old plant look like a stone age assembly plant. But that was on most of the frames. Now trucks have a VIN attached to almost every part. You need the VIN to get all the correct parts because there are so many variations. Nice frame by the way. Most of them have the chassis black paint worn and rusted off at this point.
The entire out side of the frame was green with dirt and algae. I thought it was in rough shape but smiled more and more as I pressure washed. This truck surprises me every time I work on it. It's in remarkable shape to have sit in a field for 15yrs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks