WA Free Military Trailer - Korean War vintage?

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Paul Henry

Free Trailer. I've just been informed its a M105. Thanks. It has significant rust in places but the tires have held air for the last 20 years with out refilling. (Which is astounding to me.) I just trailed it about 7 miles to a new location without difficulty. Please see pictures. Its located on a small island in Washington State.IMG_3935.jpgIMG_3936.jpgIMG_3937.jpg

Last edited:

cucvmule

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of 55 gallon drums underneath and ReoRider with the GPA Amphibious Jeep.

Well that will not work Reo is across the other side of the Country.

Paul Henry

I would love to have that, how the heck do I get it to the mainland, ferry ? amphibious Deuce ? helicopter ?
The latter 2 options sound the most interesting but there is regular ferry service from Anacortes, Washington to Lopez Island and the other San Juan Islands. Ferry schedules and fares are available on https://www.wsdot.com/ferries/. The bright point is that you will not be charged for an eastbound sailing to the mainland with a trailer in tow. All eastbound traffic is free. I'd be happy to help you plan your trip. Cheers, Paul

Paul Henry

Look in this location.... (see mark-up on pic)

View attachment 784502
Good News: VIN # was easy to find even for an idiot like me. Bad news: WA State DOL has no record of the vehicle. In Washington, I could issue a Bill of Sale and the new owner could apply for an "Ownership in Doubt" with a good etching or photo of the VIN # and receive title after 3 short years. Other state's rules may vary. Sorry for the hassle. But Its still free! I have had this trailer since roughly 1982. The guy I bought it from died years ago and evidently did not register it. I don't expect that the ownership will be contested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks