• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh resto M1009 383 Green/Tan interior

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you guys think of this color combo? I know its not stock, but its kinda like jeep feel with the tan interior green exterior. Would it be better with a black dash and dash pad and tan seats? Or how about dash, door panels ect black and just the seats tan? :D

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, guys. CUCVRUS..I am not a real fan of the black either ;) So I am trying to find a "neutral" color for 383 green trucks. The black tends to be hot in a truck without A/C, and the tan is cooler. The original burgundy is not the typical buyers choice for interior color! Also, once you get more than 3 colors going in the interior you end up making it a very "busy" look.

David

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks VERY nice. Something though is "off" if you get what I mean....don't get me wrong, gorgeous truck..............How about a brown, instead of tan? Way to photo shop that in? Seems almost too "civy" ..................like Grocery getter type. EXCELLENT though............. just an idea. THANKS for sharing!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes! I know what you are saying about it looking a little to "civilian" I think the color is on the "light" side of tan and might be better a darker brown. My problem is matching the available SEM interior dye with a nice color brown seat material. I was first going for the "King Ranch" leather look. Or more like a WWII type jeep leather interior.

David

rsh4364

I love your trucks and hope to own one someday.But that tan is a bit bright with the green,I would like to see a darker tan.Black is hot in summer but it would match rest of trim better.

cucvrus

You did a good job. I don't see them showing the interior or the exterior of their rides. Be proud you built it yourself and you did a darn good job. And I am very fussy. If unique is what you seek? Build it yourself. Everyone can buy a nice vehicle. I like to build my own and then I can say it is mine. Not a copy of someone else's or a mass produced copy of the original. I change very little or I change nothing at all. But I do like to be creative with my projects. Function, fit, finish, reliability, and function again are the key ingredients to my projects. Be proud of what you created. Very nice.

rsh4364

The OP restores and builds these trucks for a living,and personally I think his cucvs are the best,I think he was just looking for an honest opinion,and that's what I gave.I had no intentions of insulting him and hope I didn't.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP restores and builds these trucks for a living,and personally I think his cucvs are the best,I think he was just looking for an honest opinion,and that's what I gave.I had no intentions of insulting him and hope I didn't.
Yes, i was looking for honest opinions on the color combination. Thanks, I appreciate everyone's feedback. I wish I did this for a living! :grin: More like a hobby that pays for itself ! :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks