• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From M-1010 to dump truck

dependable

Not a hot rod, but modified.

Here is one I recently finished. Has been a back burner project for several years after I bought a 1010 cab & chassis off GSA. Listing said,"may have transmission problems" haha, it was missing transmission and transfer case. Had to wait to retire a rusted out 1008 plow truck for a doner.

The truck already had a duel wheel conversion kit on back and a heavy duty spring pack and helpers. Also fresh rebuilt motor from Letterkenny. Bought an old stake body dump from a neighbor, it was kind of an odd size and sort of home made, but fit the duel wheel 1010 pretty well.

When the head gasket went on the 1028A2 stake body dump, i figured it was time to finish the 1010, which had been more or less ready to go except for paint for a few years.

First picture was how it arrived, second is how it looked right after bed added.

Attachments

tobyS

Dump trucks are real handy. Does it have a scissor or direct lift?

dependable

Thanks,

I'd call it a 2-3 yard bed. The wood box is because I sometimes use it with a chipper and a leaf vac loader. The sides are removable(note slots for pallet forks at top of metal part.) This will be handy when loading with the little mini track loader. I welded on stake pockets on back of metal side for the 2x4s.

It is a scissors lift. I think most of the smaller ones are for the last 20 years or so. My little dumps from the 70's and 80's were all direct lift.

Attachments

tobyS

I have a dump trailer (even longer bed than your truck) and it's direct lift. It struggles on startup but has dumped 8K# before. I'm bobbing an A3 deuce and using a M105 bed that I would like to make dump. Thanks for the additional photo's of it.

Nice work bringing it all together!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks