• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front and Rear 2" receiver hitch install M1009

86M10086.2L

So not being satisfied with the bolt on bumper hitch the previous owner installed. I picked up a proper frame mounted 2" hitch receiver for my M1009. Its a Curt, required no drilling, bolted on using an exsisting hole and an exsisting bolt from the rear shackle mount. Cost around $150 with free shipping. No modification to the truck other then bending the trailer chain hoops on the bumper slightly as to clear the hitch. All my shackle hardware is still on the truck. I removed nothing. I simply notched the hitch to clear the crossbar/crossmamber the connects the two rear shackle mounts. I also installed a 2" front mount receiver hitch that I made up from a $25 swap meet scored hitch. I originaly had it on my old M1008. That required drilling 4 quick holes and that was that. Here's some pics enjoy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks