• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front and Rear Shackles

drpete12

Hi Guys,

My m818 is missing its front and rear shackles. I would like to get replacements. First I need to know some specs. The size of the pin hole(correct term??? is it 1 inch. What about width. What measurement will I need to know to buy new aftermarket shackles. What tonnage are the originals.

What about the rears, same sizes as well. Any info related to the fronts and rears would be great. I think it is probably easier to get new ones and paint them then to hunt down originals.

Last question, on my winch (actually a few more questions;)), I have the clevis (right term?) the part that attaches to the cable and would attach to the lead chain if I had one. This part is on the cable but lead chain and screw to hold lead chain to this are gone. What size and type screw does this clevis take (screw or maybe its a pin?) and if I were to get an aftermarket chain and hook, any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help as usual, you guys are the best

Peter

3dAngus

Also, while researching, consider getting a 10-20 ton snatch block. It could save the life of your winch.

hey drpete, you may be able to save yourself some time and hassle if you call Sam Winer Motors in Akron, Oh., and talk to Robert. im pretty sure theyve got a few 5tons there still. Robs a great guy to work with, very helpful and knowledgable... hard to find both those qualities in one person these days!! theyre number is 330-628-4881 good luck in your search!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks