• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle spindles issue

MAZ537

Hello to all,

I get a front axle , after tear down the spindles looks bad : the bearings can be removed with hand and one of them is badly scored after the threads from maybe a loose bearing ?
I will try to post some pics tomorrow...

Any opinion is welcome if they are fixable (like weld and re-machine) or no

Thanks,
G.

dmetalmiki

Could be expensive, as you could have them 'metal sprayed' if there is an engineering firm near that would undertake the task. However, first check if the inner bore of the bearings have "spun" and worn, then just the shaft might clean up. When cleaned up they only need to be a good tight 'Push fit'. Post up the pictures of the inner's and the shafts.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you see his local? Might be $$$ over there. I am looking to see if rear spindles can be used up front this week actually.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear spindles can not be used up front. The rears are part of the housing and not removable like the fronts.

MAZ537

Thank you all for your support !

I decide to return the axle to the yard and get a very good rear axle instead as buying seperate parts are big €€€ here...
I also found some rebuilt fronts for around 600 € each (I have to make a long trip to check them out)...

Thanks,
G.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks